Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: kate=fear

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 95 04:22 CST
Subject: Re: kate=fear
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <3irc1v$gd5@panix.com> Lou writes:
>This is a funny little interesting story from my friend Tracey. She grew
>up in South Africa and the UK and her mom was/is a sorta wacky, vaguely
>hippy lady. Tracey remembers that once when she was about seven, her mom
>took her to her first concert, a Joan Armatrading show. She doesn't
>recall much about Ms. Armatrading, but her opening act was a scary one.
>Tracey says it was a lady in a long white dress and she kept yelling and
>crying and throwing herself all over the stage. Tracey said she asked her
>mom to go home, she was so scared. She also had nightmares about the
>"crazy lady." Tracey has grown up a relatively sane person, and now has a
>healthy love of Kate Bush.

   It's not quite clear, but you seem to be claiming that your friend
saw Kate open for Joan Armatrading. Kate never opened for *anyone*.
She had a short period of playing in pubs with the KT Bush Band, but
that was during the peroid between being signed and recording _The
Kick Inside_. At no point was she in a position of being an opening
act. Before TKI she was a complete unknown in a local band that
did a few bar gigs. After TKI she was a number one artist. There
was never an "opening band" period in her career.

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)
                                 vickie@njin.rutgers.edu      (hers)