Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

kate=fear

From: fox@panix.com (Lou Fox)
Date: 26 Feb 1995 21:05:51 -0500
Subject: kate=fear
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

This is a funny little interesting story from my friend Tracey. She grew
up in South Africa and the UK and her mom was/is a sorta wacky, vaguely
hippy lady. Tracey remembers that once when she was about seven, her mom
took her to her first concert, a Joan Armatrading show. She doesn't
recall much about Ms. Armatrading, but her opening act was a scary one.
Tracey says it was a lady in a long white dress and she kept yelling and
crying and throwing herself all over the stage. Tracey said she asked her
mom to go home, she was so scared. She also had nightmares about the
"crazy lady." Tracey has grown up a relatively sane person, and now has a
healthy love of Kate Bush.
I thought it was a funny story, because I am a nanny and I always see how
kids react to adult stuff.

Jennifer @ Casa Lou and Casa Me Too