Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Can anyone define

From: Anders Hultman <anders.hultman@unisource.se>
Date: 27 Feb 1995 08:26:27 GMT
Subject: Re: Can anyone define
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

jimd@fix.oneworld.com (Jim Dray) wrote:

> I'm a new user so forgive me if Gaffa has already been defined, however,
> I've searched for this definition for years without success.  I've always
> considered myself "Suspended in Gaffa", but only because I don't know
> what that means.  J. Dray

What gaffa really means has been debated over and over long before I joined
the group, and there seem to be two main opinions in that debate. One side
claims that gaffa is gaffa tape; a certain type of broad woven tape that is
used in outside broadcasting and stage performance applications to keep
cabling in place. This is the explanation I believe in, and the one supported
by what Kate Bush herself has said in interviews.

The other side in the debate, however, may think that this explanation is
too simple and that there has to be a deeper meaning to it. You're welcome
with theories on that meaning!

anders