Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: kate=fear

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (Chris Williams)
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 95 02:42:35 GMT
Subject: Re: kate=fear
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

>:    It's not quite clear, but you seem to be claiming that your friend
>: saw Kate open for Joan Armatrading. Kate never opened for *anyone*.
>
>I don't know exactly what the context of the concert was a; i wasn't the
>one there. Maybe it was some sort of benefit or all-day type concert or
>whatever. the only details I have is that Kate went on before Joan
>Armatrading, who was the act Tracey's mom wanted to see, and Kate scared
>my friend.
>Maybe other Lovehounds in the UK or even South Africa have more info on
>a Kate/Joan concert that happened about twelve years ago.

   Kate has never played South Africa.

   Kate has (to my knowledge) only shared a stage with Joan Armatrading
once, at the the Prince's Trust Rock Gala. That was the ill-fated show
where she sang "The Wedding List" and the straps on her spaghetti-strap
dress broke.

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)