Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Brit Awards

From: smith david rt <p0070421@brookes.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 1995 12:39:43 +0000
Subject: Brit Awards
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Apologies to all of you on the list it appears that I mailed my Logic
Programming assignment to the list, how embarassing. Still thats what
Prolog programming does for you, it fucks your mind up. Anyway this is
what I meant to send. Sorry!

Dear All,

I don't think that anyone has posted this up but here is a list of
the awards that were given out at last nights' Brit Awards'.
As you can probably see our Kate didn't win 'Best British Female Solo'

I was especially pleased that Blur won several awards mainly cos their
last album 'Parklife' was briiliant. I'm also immensly pleased that
Take That won absolutely sod all.....hurrahh!! I can't actually rememeber
all of the nominees for 'Best British Female Solo' either way Kate should have
won it but then again I'm biased! Here are the results anyway.

Best Band - Blur

Best Album - Blur (for Parklife)

Best Single - Blur

Best British Male Solo - Paul Weller

Best British Female Solo - Eddi Reader

Best Soundtrack - Pulp Fiction

Best British Video - Blur (for Parklie)

Best British Producer - Nellee Hooper (co-producer of Maddona's Bedtime Stories)

Best British Newcomer - Oasis

Best British Dance Act - M People

Lifetime Award - Elton John

International Band - R.E.M

International Male Star - Prince (whats the ASCII character for symbol?)

International Newcomer - Lisa Loeb

International Female Star - kd Lang

So there you go, apologies if I've missed any catergories out or if I've named
some of the incorrectly.

David

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~OXFORD BROOKES UNIVERSITY~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kathy, I'm lost," I said, though | David RT Smith
she was sleeping. I'm empty and   | Oxford Brookes University
aching and I don't know why.      | Computer Services             0
                                  | Gypsy Lane                   - -
                                  | Headington                    |<
Ashes to ashes, funk to funky     | Oxford, OX3 7BP
We know Major Tom's a junky       |
Strung out in heavens high        | p0070421@brookes.ac.uk
Hitting an all time low.          | drtsmith@brookes.ac.uk
 ~+-~+-~+-~+-~+-~+-All we ever wanted was a great big hug.~+-~+-~+-~+-~+-~+-