Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Brit Awards

From: "Kevin F. Quinn" <kevq@banana.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 1995 22:44:21 GMT
Subject: Re: Brit Awards
To: rec-music-gaffa@moderators.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <19523.9502221239@cs3.brookes.ac.uk>,
          p0070421@brookes.ac.uk (smith david rt) wrote:

> Best British Female Solo - Eddi Reader
> International Band - R.E.M

That's the only stuff I listen to out of the award winners.  And I'm
not overly set on R.E.M, for that matter.

As to whether KB should have had the BBFS; I'm not really worried
either way - I'm a fan of both.  Eddi Reader is perhaps a little more
mainstream than Kate Bush, for whatever that's worth.

I definitely think KB should have had Best British Video, though.
Having said that I haven't seen Blur's video, so I guess I'm being
biased :-)

Incidentally, just saw Miranda Richardson (co-star of /+) ) narrating
a rather good programme on wolves on BBC2.

--
Kevin F. Quinn           * "That's not what you said when you sent him your
kevq@banana.demon.co.uk  * Navel."   "Novel, Baldrick, not navel."