Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-41 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

reality check

From: "Brian J Dillard" <dillardb@student.msu.edu>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 1994 12:35:24 -0500 (EST)
Subject: reality check
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net (lovehounds)

c'mon, folks. i certainly dont want to get embroiled in pyrotechnics, but what
IS all of this? when i first subscribed to love-hounds, we were in the middle
of the jorn get out flamewar and i came very near to quitting the list. a few
months later when actual KATE content was getting discussed, love-hounds became
a very integral part of my love of kate. it has given me the lovely t-shirt i
got in the mail 3 days ago and have not taken off (thanks to all
involved!!!!!!), the lovehounds collection and all sorts of insights into
kate's work that i never would have had on my own. that is what this list is
about, and i would hate to think there are other new subscribers out there who
are going to be scared off by another flamewar.

for my own $.02, no matter how many times ANY of us may have met or spoken to
kate, i am assuming none of us are really all that involved in her personal
life. i mean, i did ride a bus all over bexleyheath and kent with fantasies of
a kate sighting dancing in my head, but even if i were a regular writer of fan
letters and she a regular respondent and even if i had been to all sorts of
Konventions and interviews and met her personally dozens of times, i still
wouldn't presume to think i had any business thinking i knew the insides of her
personal affairs. kate is kate, not madonna. let's save obsessing over
celebrities' personal lives for those who invite us to

brian