Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-41 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: reality check

From: Anders Hultman <anders.hultman@unisource.se>
Date: 19 Dec 1994 08:57:15 GMT
Subject: Re: reality check
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

"Brian J Dillard" <dillardb@student.msu.edu> wrote:
[...]
> life. i mean, i did ride a bus all over bexleyheath and kent with fantasies of
> a kate sighting dancing in my head, but even if i were a regular writer of fan

Wonderful! I did that too! I was in London in March 1993 and took a bus from
Greenwich, changed buses in Lewisham, and rode to Bexleyheath.
  I walked up and down the main street in Bexleyheath, and the thought that
she must have been there several times and had seen exactly this scenery
was truly mindboggling.
  After a while I asked at the police station where Bexleyheath Maternity
Hospital was (her birthplace as stated in Kate Bush Complete), but none
of the two policemen had ever heard of it. Strange.
  Well, I walked down the main street, and off to the railway station, and
there, right beside the station was a small toy shop with the word Kate
written with large letters. Not the same Kate, I presume.

I also walked around in Kensington Gardens and checked out the statue of
Peter Pan. And there, on the gate was a little note written by a child:
"Jonnie and Lucy. Can't come out and play today. Cathy."
  Wonderful.

anders