Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-41 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Advanced music processing (NOT) (was: Can we please drop this?)

From: allen_watson@quickmail.apple.com (Allen Watson III)
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 1994 18:27:14 GMT
Subject: Re: Advanced music processing (NOT) (was: Can we please drop this?)
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@gallant.apple.com

In article <9412141937.AA01627@mhost.ida.his.se>, a94mikja@ida.his.se
(Mikael Jakonen) wrote:

> A while ago, something happened to Vickies head-phones. And there was
> a clever suggestion about the cause: The ground-wire was probably cut.
>
> I know Karen talked about trying it for herself. Did you do it, Karen?
> Did anyone else do it?

You can hear what that sounds like without cutting any wires, if you have a
surround-sound system.  Just turn the front speakers all the way down and
listen to the surround speakers.

Cutting the ground wire makes the 'phones get only the part of the stereo
signal that's different on the two channels, and that's also what a
surround decoder does to create the "back" channels.

Let the weirdness in!
- Allen

|   "Get the bow going,       |
|    Let it scream to me!"    |