Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-41 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: A suggestion

From: asteg@k12.ucs.umass.edu (Albert Steg (Winsor))
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 1994 22:29:56 GMT
Subject: Re: A suggestion
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@k12.ucs.umass.edu (USENET News System)

In a previous article, kln@crl.com ("Karen L. Newcombe") says:

>I would like to suggest that if one of us questions the ideas or postings
>of another Love Hound, that we send a private e-mail before posting
>generally.  Some things should be hammered out in a public forum, other
>questions could be straightened out easily through e-mail between two people.

Here's another:  When responding to a posting you find offensive, make sure
that your response is at least _one line shorter_ than the previous message
in the thread.  In time, when you are down to one-liners, decrease your
line-length by one word.  In this way, we can all look forward to the end of
disputes in finite, measurable lengths of time!

An observation: the lengthier a response to a "hot" topic is, and the more
impassioned the tone, the less sympathy people will tend to have for it.

Albert
--
"When it was proclaimed that the Library contained all books,the
first impression was one of extravagant happiness. All men felt