Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-41 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

A suggestion

From: "Karen L. Newcombe" <kln@crl.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 1994 16:56:10 -0800 (PST)
Subject: A suggestion
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Cc: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu, vickie@pilot.njin.net

While all this has been very exciting, I have other exciting things going
on in my life and really don't need any added stress.  I usually look to
love hounds for relief from this mortal coil, and to my friends here for
an interesting exchange of ideas and stories.

I would like to suggest that if one of us questions the ideas or postings
of another Love Hound, that we send a private e-mail before posting
generally.  Some things should be hammered out in a public forum, other
questions could be straightened out easily through e-mail between two people.

We all have to remember that without the capacity to see each other's
facial expressions, withough the ability to hear tone of voice,
inflection, emotion, we run the risk of anything we say being
misunderstood.

I will try to remember to take one extra step the next time I feel
offended by someone's post and  I'll e-mail them personally and ask them
to explain "where they're coming from".  I can put up with damned near
anybody and just about anybody's beliefs.  There is room for all of us,
here, and I hope that whoever posted that they were put off by the recent
activity won't be put off for good.

After all, that was less a flame war than just a Yule Log warming
us up for the season!

Karen  kln@crl.com  "But the truth lies somewhere in the middle."