Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

December Will Be ...

From: "Forward, Jonathan" <JForward@SITGBSD1.TELECOM.com.au>
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 94 12:46:00 AES
Subject: December Will Be ...
To: "rec.music.gaffa" <love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET>
Encoding: 12 TEXT

A little something I noticed while watching Kate performing "December Will
Be Magic Again" on the Love-Hounds tape: she sings "Come to carpet the
lovers" in that version, whereas everywhere else I've come across only
"Come to cover the lovers". Why the difference? And why the different
tune? When was the inferior D,D,up an octave & F replaced by the much
better D,C,F,D,Bflat,F?

TSB, Adelaide Australia
"I shan't say I really care at the end of it all" - The Sundays