Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Tarot decks and calendars

From: THE OLIVE-LOAF VIGILANTE <METH@delphi.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 1994 20:41:55 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Tarot decks and calendars
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Hi!

I have 7 weeks' worth of Digests fermenting on my C-drive right now, but
just tonight I decided to start reading them as they come in and catch up
on the rest later (yeah, right).  Interesting thoughts about Tarot decks.

Lee in SF, your teacher might be interested to know that there is going to
be a SANDMAN Tarot Deck available for sale in March 1995.  The entire thing
was designed by Dave McKean, and I saw the proofs over the weekend.  I know
nothing about Tarot symbolism so for all I know it's completely wrong and will
end up pissing a lot of people off (though I trust Neil Gaiman wouldn't allow
anything associated with his work to be released unless it was as accurate as
possible), but the deck looked INCREDIBLE to me.  I'm certainly planning to
pick one up!

Great idea about a calendar, Steve0-- I had the exact same idea a few years
back, but it died in committee (hell, it died right after I posted about it :).
I'd love to see a Love-Hounds calendar happen -- it's too late for '95, but
it's not too early to start planning for '96... the rate things go, it'll take
us a year to get it done.

Let's start thinking, people!  1996 is less than 13 months away!

Meredith
meth@delphi.com