Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KT Tarot

From: "Karen L. Newcombe" <kln@crl.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 1994 11:02:38 -0800 (PST)
Subject: KT Tarot
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

The Love Hounds have it quite within their capacity to produce a deck of
tarot based on images of Kate, or on images found in Kate's songs.  And a
tarot deck is 78 cards, not 52.

IED and IMyself were conversing upon this very subject while dubbing some
videos this week.  We looked at several tarot decks and the thought came
to us that with the large number of people who may want to be involved,
we could set up a standard format.

Then the people who wanted to participate could design one or several
cards (which would be assigned at random to avoid everyone fighting over
who would design The Tower or The High Priestess) in their own wonderful
and eccentric way, with collage, drawings, photomontage on computer,
whatever.

Those of us who have reference books and experience in tarot symbolism
would provide a guide to typical symbols used in each of the 78 cards,
which would help the designers in their search for images.

Groups of us in some areas may want to set aside a day to work on the
things and invite everyone in the region to come and bring their
materials for assembly, see a few videos, visit with each other, make our
cards.

Final products would be send to a group of volunteers who would handle
the tough part: printing.  We could create a Pagemaker or similar file to
give directly to a printer; we could create a hypercard file of all the
cards to be distributed electronically; whatever.  We have a lot of
possibilities.

Far from being an impossible task, it is very tangible:  we have a group
of people interested, it would be fun, and we are entirely capable of
organizing ourselves for such a project.  We do tapetrees, don't we?

Karen  kln@crl.com