Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate Bush Tarot Deck

From: pwh@bradley.bradley.edu (Pete Hartman)
Date: 6 Dec 1994 14:19:07 -0600
Subject: Re: Kate Bush Tarot Deck
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Oohlalune@aol.com writes:
>i agree that  Kate with the globe in Her hands might work for The World as
>well.  but i must also say that any serious Tarot reader probably has a good
>understanding of the cards and their meanings regardless of their symbols.

While this is true for the very adept, it's not generally
an encouraged practice, at least not amongst the people I've
discussed tarot with, nor in the various books I've read.

If you *aren't* bothering to do the symbols, it seems hardly
worth more than a Kate playing deck, and certainly not really
worth the extra effort.

As has already been mentioned, there's enough image processing
software out there that it is reasonable to consider doing it
with all the symbols intact though.
--
Pete Hartman		       Bradley University	pwh@bradley.bradley.edu
                 Love is blind, Love can tell a million stories