Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Wilhelm Reich in alt.*

From: Anders Hultman <anders.hultman@unisource.se>
Date: 23 Nov 1994 14:38:41 GMT
Subject: Re: Wilhelm Reich in alt.*
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

> >In alt.discordia, alt.pagan and alt.magick there is a (crossposted)
> >thead going on with the subject line "WILHELM REICH IN HELL, by
> >Robert Anton Wilson"
> >
> > It has, as far as I can see, nothing to do with "our" Wilhelm Reich,
> >of Cloudbusting fame, but it could be fun to know that his name is
> >around in some way or another.
>
> 	As far as I know there's only one Wilhelm Reich of any fame, but
> the thread you mention has nothing to do with him whatsoever.  For those
> of you who were considering going over to check out the discussion, don't
> bother.  It's just a name-calling flamewar that has nothing to do with
> Reich whatsoever.  For those of you who want to have your curiosity
> satisfied, I have attached some fairly typical excerpts.  Frankly, I
> have no idea why Anders thought anyone here would be interested in
> any of this garbage:

The subject line of the thread implies that there may be a book by
Robert Anton Wilson called Wilhelm Reich in Hell. RA Wilson wrote
the Illuminatus series in mid 70's from which the term Discordia
emanates. The mythology-web from those books is one of the main
influences of the group KLF. Kate Bush *could* be mentioned in this
new book (if it exists) due to the Cloudbusting link. I wont bother
to check it out, but some may.

Anders