Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Wilhelm Reich in alt.*

From: pwh@bradley.bradley.edu (Pete Hartman)
Date: 28 Nov 1994 14:46:47 -0600
Subject: Re: Wilhelm Reich in alt.*
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

anders.hultman@unisource.se (Anders Hultman) writes:
>The subject line of the thread implies that there may be a book by
>Robert Anton Wilson called Wilhelm Reich in Hell.

As indeed there is.

It is a play-format book using Wilhelm Reich as a fictionalized
protagonist to make Wilson's points about how establishment
science is no more open-minded than religion.

How accurate these points are is not something I care to debate
here.

>emanates. The mythology-web from those books is one of the main
>influences of the group KLF. Kate Bush *could* be mentioned in this
>new book (if it exists) due to the Cloudbusting link. I wont bother
>to check it out, but some may.

It is by no means a "new" book.  R.A.Wilson was quite prolific beyond
his novels.  I have some 10 or more of his books printed on small presses
ranging from _Sex & Drugs_ to _Wilhelm Reich in Hell_ to _Isis Rising_.

Wilson skirts the edge of skepticism and occultism equally; his work
is generally quite interesting, no matter what your belief in these
matters is.
--
Pete Hartman		       Bradley University	pwh@bradley.bradley.edu
                That's right, remember there is a big difference