Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Wilhelm Reich in alt.*

From: jchokey@leland.Stanford.EDU (James Alexander Chokey)
Date: 22 Nov 1994 21:37:25 GMT
Subject: Re: Wilhelm Reich in alt.*
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <3atat1$i19@nic.tip.net>,
Anders Hultman <anders.hultman@unisource.se> wrote:
>In alt.discordia, alt.pagan and alt.magick there is a (crossposted)
>thead going on with the subject line "WILHELM REICH IN HELL, by
>Robert Anton Wilson"
>
> It has, as far as I can see, nothing to do with "our" Wilhelm Reich,
>of Cloudbusting fame, but it could be fun to know that his name is
>around in some way or another.

	As far as I know there's only one Wilhelm Reich of any fame, but
the thread you mention has nothing to do with him whatsoever.  For those
of you who were considering going over to check out the discussion, don't
bother.  It's just a name-calling flamewar that has nothing to do with
Reich whatsoever.  For those of you who want to have your curiosity
satisfied, I have attached some fairly typical excerpts.  Frankly, I
have no idea why Anders thought anyone here would be interested in
any of this garbage:

The excerpts:

In article <3aopl6$4f6@cascade.pnw.net>, kodred@pnw.net (Kody Dickerson) writes:
>In article <3aj9me$3r2@lastactionhero.rs.itd.umich.edu>,
>melissa  <melissa@wkar.msu.edu> wrote:
>>In article <Pine.A32.3.91b.941117122353.39265C@homer22.u.washington.edu>
>>Cameron Craig, warlock2@u.washington.edu writes:
>>>I would like you all to know that people with disabilities are not
>>>welcome to attend anything involving me.  If you have a disabilty please
>>>contact the mother ship so that you can be beamed up and shredded into
>>>mincemeat like the scum that you are.
>>>
>>>I also discriminate on the basis of color, race, gender, and sexual
>>>orientation on a regular basis.
>>
>>Glad you're so proud of your ability to hate.  May you always be
>>surrounded by "perfect" hateful people like yourself.  I recommend the
>>alt.limbaugh board.
>>
>>live in self-imposed fear and darkness,
>>

>Shut up, bitch!

: Shut up, bitch!

>        Well, cootie, we're all impressed by your manliness in
>attacking the handicapped over the internet, and awed by the sheer
>intellectual muscle of your vicious insults.  We surrender.  Now
>please go away.

: Kody
: kodred@pnw.net