Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-37 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KTE ON VH-1. YAH!

From: Evan Welsh <welsh@epcc.edinburgh.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 1994 09:43:29 GMT
Subject: Re: KTE ON VH-1. YAH!
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: UseNet News Admin <cnews@dcs.ed.ac.uk>

>>>>> "Evan" == Evan Welsh <welsh@epcc.edinburgh.ac.uk> writes:
>>>>> "David" == David J Zimmerly <am672@freenet.carleton.ca> writes:

Evan> On the plus side, I did manage to catch the Red Shoes video and the
Evan> legendary SNL appearance on VH-1 this weekend. And if that wasn't Paul
Evan> Shaffer from the Tonight Show playing the piano she was sitting on...

David> Well, as they say, "right church, wrong pew" - something akin to
David> confusing The Two Ronnies with Rowan and Atkinson, perhaps? Of
David> course, what our UK-based friend meant to say was Paul Shaffer from
David> the rib of David Letterman in his various incarnations on at least
David> two different talk shows on two different networks and none of which
David> was the Tonight Show of Johnny Carson and now Jay Leno fame.

*doh*!!

Thanks for setting me straight. I just got cable installed recently and
it's all a bit much for my 4-channel brain to take.

 / Evan Welsh <welsh@epcc.ed.ac.uk>   http://www.epcc.ed.ac.uk/~welsh/ \
/  Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre             +44 (0)131 650 5960  \
\  Key fingerprint =  89 FE E0 9E CB 67 3B 22  31 90 B9 BA 51 12 DC 0E  /
 \____________PGP public key available by request or finger____________/