Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-37 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Mojo Mag

From: gtp10@bootes.cus.cam.ac.uk (Dr G.T. Parks)
Date: 09 Nov 1994 09:36:58 GMT
Subject: Re: Mojo Mag
To: rec-music-gaffa@marble.britain.eu.net
content-length: 1395
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Fiona writes:

> This is going to be from memory, so bear with me, and apologies if this
> has already been mentioned.
>
> In the current issue of MOJO magazine from the UK, there is mention of,
> and a little picture of, Kate in their gossip section at the front. She
> was one of the contributors to an art show organized by Brian Eno to raise
> money for Bosnian relief.
>
> Her contribution was a framed piece of black velvet with a blinking red
> light in the middle, entitled something like Missing Person in the Ocean
> Hoping that An Airplane Will Spot Them. The identical companion piece was
> titled something like Airplane Hoping To Spot Missing Person In the Ocean
> (The Ninth Wave, anyone? ;) )
>
> The item didn't say if or for how much the piece sold for, but there was a
> very nice picture of "La Bush" standing next to Brian Eno at the opening
> of the exhibit, both looking healthy and happy.

The same story appears in the latest Q magazine (with Madonna on the cover).
(Q and Mojo come from the same "stable".) The Q story reveals a few more
details. Firstly, their picture shows Kate with Paul Macartney (another
contributor). It also has pictures of the two works although the red dots
are invisible. It reveals that David Bowie thought Kate's pieces were the
best in the show, but that he didn't buy them. They were, however, sold for
something over #1000.

Geoff Parks