Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-37 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Sarah McLachlan

From: dalton@calico.geop.ubc.ca (David Dalton)
Date: 09 Nov 1994 10:30:41 GMT
Subject: Sarah McLachlan
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.misc, alt.music.canada, alt.music.ecto, alt.music.alternative.female, rec.music.tori-amos, rec.music.folk, rec.music.gaffa, rec.music.celtic, alt.music.peter-gabriel, alt.music.lor-mckennitt, rec.music.newage, alt.music.enya, alt.rock-n-roll

A recent attempt to form an alt.music.* group for the discussion of
Sarah McLachlan's music failed since it was improperly formatted.
Before we try again, it would be good to demonstrate some
traffic related to Sarah McLachlan in the more general groups
in which her name has cropped up, TO WHICH I HAVE SET THE
"Followup-To:" LINE.   So if you are interested in a separate
McLachlan newsgroup or simply want to share your personal experiences
with her music or find out more about it, join in this thread.
If traffic is low, we won't bother with the newsgroup attempt.

Some starting questions:

1. do any of you have memorable SMc concert or recording reviews,
     bio notes, gossip, or sources of online info to share,
     or online or phone/mail sources of any rare recordings,
     bootlegs or artwork?

2. does anyone have lyrics and tablature for any Sarah McLachlan
     songs?   What are your favourite lyrics and why?

3. what do you feel makes her music distinct, and how does she
     compare to your other favourite  artists?

4.  which of the three albums would you recommend to someone
      who hasn't heard her before, and why?

--
David Dalton ----geophysics Ph.D student----- <Dalton@Geop.UBC.Ca> ---
  Dept. of Geophysics & Astronomy,                    (604) 822-2267