Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate on Letterman?

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 94 12:33 CST
Subject: Re: Kate on Letterman?
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <Pine.3.89.9410301336.B6763-0100000@pentagon.io.com> you write:
>chris williams (chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu) wrote:
>
>:    Actually, when Kate was in the US promoting _Hounds of Love_,
>: Letterman's show was on Kate's schedule. She decided to not appear.
>: I'd like to think that she saw the show the night before, and saw
>: Letterman's treatment of women.
>
>Are you SURE she didn't appear?  My ex girlfriend saw her on the show
>performing Cloudbusting.  She said Dave was speechless and they just cut
>to a commercial.  Then when they came back Kate was gone.. no interview!
>Unless my ex was lying...

   We were in New York at the time and kept an eye on all the TV shows
on her itinerary. She did not appear. If she had it would have been
recorded. We were carrying a small TV and VCR with us everywhere in case
something cropped up. Didn't happen.

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)