Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate on Letterman?

From: phyd@flowbee.interaccess.com (Brian Leake)
Date: 3 Nov 1994 02:42:23 GMT
Subject: Re: Kate on Letterman?
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9410281610.AA52850@nettech1.nettech.com>,
Super Dave? <dfleenor@nettech.com> wrote:

> In <000A114E.fc@maclair.sccsi.com> Melanie_J._Oeding@maclair.sccsi.com
> (Melanie J. Oeding) wrote:
>
>>    I heard on the radio recently that next spring, Letterman will be
>>broadcasting from England for a week or so.  He has already lined up Paul
>>McCartney and the Royal family.  But, I was thinking...maybe we could talk
>>his program directors into asking Kate to come on the show?  That way, we
>>could see

"lined up" the Royal Family.  Exsqueeze me?
Since when do the British Royal Family make chat-show appearences?
I seem to remember only one or two instances over the past ten years
that any member of the Royal Family has appeared on a chat show.  These
were usually only for charity or other special reasons.

- Brian.