Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Letterman cont'd

From: asteg@k12.ucs.umass.edu (Albert Steg (Winsor))
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 1994 03:35:23 GMT
Subject: Letterman cont'd
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@k12.ucs.umass.edu (USENET News System)

Regarding recent comments on Letterman:

	--Hasn't Tori Amos appeared twice on Letterman in the past year?  Or
was that Leno or something?

	--It's part of Dave's "schtick" that he plays the uncultured Indiana
boy faced with newfangled phenomena that he just doen't get. Whatever he
personally thinks of Laurie Anderson, it's part of his stage persona that he
"can't think of anything to say."  I'm not suggesting he's a secret genius
or anything, but just that everything he does in that show is pretty
calculated, although I suppose there are people who really believe that last
Madonna appearance was spontaneous.

	--Dave often behaves very graciously to his musical guests.  He
appears to hold Elvis Costello in appropriate awe (I think EC desreves it).
My guess is that he'd be very deferential to Kate if she performed a song on
the piano.  If she shows up in a bat suit, he's gonna give it that Hoosier
"Huh?" response.
Albert
--
"When it was proclaimed that the Library contained all books,the
first impression was one of extravagant happiness. All men felt