Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

TLTCTChicago

From: williasr@NeXTwork.Rose-Hulman.Edu
Date: 31 Oct 1994 04:55:30 GMT
Subject: TLTCTChicago
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Well, I'm back from the Chicago Showing of TLTCTC.

There's a lot I could say about the movie, but after reading the latest
posts, it seems I've been beaten to the punch.  However, I would like to
throw in a few of my own thoughts....

First off,  I didn't even know I was going to make it to Chicago until
Thursday night.  I happen to be four hours away from Chicago, but luckily
my brother lives in the Chicago Suburbs, so I had a second reason for
making the trip.

All I can say and perhaps the best praise I can give the movie is that
despite the fact that I had to spend over ten hours of my weekend on the
road just to spend about 45 minutes watching a movie, IT WAS WORTH IT.

Of course it didn't hurt that they did a drawing before the showing and I
was one of maybe a dozen winners of a 12" picture disk of Rubberband Girl.

I could go on and on (and on) saying good things about the movie.  I think
it didn't hurt that I'd heard some less than five-star reviews of the
movie which had lowered my expectations; but even if I had been expecting
a superb movie, I wouldn't have been disappointed.   I don't see any
reason why anyone who liked TRS album wouldn't like the movie.  (as for
people who don't care for TRS,  I still think a lot of them might enjoying
watching Kate for a bit.)

I'm determined to keep this post short, but I still need to mention the
fact that I did actually get to meet Chris and Vicki very briefly after
the movie.  I'd kinda figured out who they were just from seeing Chris's
Love-hounds shirt, but I didn't know for sure until afterwards.  It was a
bit unfortunate that I was still dizzy from the Eat the Music segment and
dazed from the culmination of my trip in the form of the movie to properly
introduce myself.  Anyway, it was really nice to see some other people
from this forum in a kate-positive atmosphere...

One more comment,  I was very surprised to see how emotional the ASIL
segment turned out to be...I had truly expected MoP to be the one song
that most affected me, but just seeing Kate's expressions during ASIL
really tore at my heart.

One more comment, (ok, this is really the last one),   this was the first
time I've ever had to sit relatively still during RG.  Probably the last
time too.  As focused as I was on watching Kate, the song still made me
feel the need to move.

in hopes that everyone who hasn't seen it already will enjoy TLTCTC as
much as I have,
Steven Williams
--
williasr@nextwork.rose-hulman.edu