Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Ridiculousness

From: primm@bcrvmpc2.vnet.ibm.com (Gregg Primm)
Date: 20 Oct 1994 13:57:57 GMT
Subject: Re: Ridiculousness
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In <m0qxnmV-000imBC@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu>, chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams) writes:

[a bunch of stuff that I agree with]

>  P.S. Greg Primm, sorry. I enjoy a good flame war as much, or more than
>anyone else on gaffa. But this is hardly material for a good flame war.
>That would require to completely opposed parties with positions that
>cannot be resolved. I simply stated that I would not have any part in
>adding TLTC&TC to any tape tree that I would edit. Someone else is
>welcome to produce an alternative tapetree and let the shitstorm
>rain down upon their own head. I rightly objected to a suggestion that
>*I* do a particular thing.  This is my right.

Hey, hey, hey.  Just trying to inject a (very) little humor into an
uneccessary argument.  You're right.  I think Marcel acknowledges
that you're right.  I certainly think that you're right.  However, the
vehemence of your response was off-base.  Period.  Had you responded
in a lighter manner, only to be attacked by Marcel, _then_ I would say
that your rather heated response would have been required and
appropriate.  As it was, Marcel suggested (a poor suggestion, without a
doubt) something and you came down on him with a wrath and fury
that, I would say, was uncalled for.

Anyhow, this little thread looks like it is a bit too heated for my
tastes.  I simply think that you could have told Marcel why his suggestion
was wrong _before_ you picked him up and body slammed him.  No
need to be so defensive.

-- Gregg!

= If I had a boat, I'd go out on the ocean.     =
+ And if I had a pony, I'd ride him on my boat. +
+  Gregg Primm -- primm@bcrvmpc2.vnet.ibm.com   +