Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Record Breakers?, KBC News..

From: Raymond Pugh <rpugh@arcadia.win-uk.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 1994 21:04:05
Subject: Re: Record Breakers?, KBC News..
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

In article <CxGt19.Gy0@dcs.ed.ac.uk>, Scott Telford (s.telford@ed.ac.uk) writes:
>So, did anyone catch "Record Breakers" on BBC1 on Friday? I clean
>forgot to set my VCR 8-(. According to the newspaper listing the
>subject was Larry Adler - wouldn't be surprised if the sole
>Kate-content was a clip from the "The Man I Love" video.

Yep.  The sole Kate content was an 18 seconds clip from the end of
the video :-(

Better though was "Sounds of the 70's" a bit later on Friday.  The
Mike Aspel interview clip was terrific.

Mike "You're 19 now."

Kate "20."

[so much for researching your interview]

Mike "You've got a lot of 'O' levels.  You've got 10"

Kate <laughing> "How did you know that?"

. . . and . . .

Kate "I never thought I'd be able to sing my sings; but it seems
that I've done it."

Mike "Well I don't think anyone else could do them really."

<cue Top of the Pops "Wuthering Heights" live performance>  Was Kate
nervous or what?  All those missed notes and forced pitch changes!
Some set as well; the mandatory flashing lights and a studio full
of kids standing around looking totally bored by the whole thing
with a few at the front trying to bop along to the music!!!
Sheesh; I used to think the '70s were really cool when I was
living them but looking back now . . . .

BTW I picked up a copy of "The Man I Love" single today.  I
haven't bought a single for years and years.  Things have changed
somewhat.  The top 40 were layed out on display and all the others
were put in the bargain bin.  I was searching for a particular
title for a friend, when I came across TMIL and Tori's "God"
single (the Dharma Kaya mix is sublime.)  Getting even further off
subject, I also got the Cranberries new album; eeeek! what *has*
she done to her hair?

   Ray

--
NET: rpugh@arcadia.win-uk.net  So what is love then, is it dictated or chosen
                               Does it sing like the hymns of 1000 years