Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Tour question

From: bmiller@zdlmail.ziff.com (Miller, Ben)
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 94 15:59:17 PST
Subject: Tour question
To: uunet.uu.net!love-hounds
Encoding: 1190 Text

In his (diffs)FAQ, Ulrich Grepel writes:

>>1995:  Wanted to tour with just her and a piano, but was told that this
>>would fuel those frequent comparisons between her and Tori Amos.

Is this really true?  I'm crushed, devastated.  I can think of nothing more
beautiful, nothing more magical than seeing Kate perform solo with a piano.  I
would hate to think that mere comparisons with another performer, whether its
Tori Amos or Beethoven would stop her from this.  After all, this is Kate Bush
we are talking about.

And speaking of live Kate, I have a few observations after several listens to
the Live at Hammersmith CD.

1. Wow.  (Not the song, but my first response at hearing the opening whale song
on Moving.
2. Violin is much better here than on Never Forever.
3. Stange Phemomena, Hammer and Horror and Oh England My Lionheart are all sung
with such beauty and passion that I can't NOT listen to them.
4. Wuthering Heights - I actually haven't been able to listen to the whole
thing; its like an incredibly rich meal that you can't finish, no matter how
much you want to.

Kate 200%,

Ben Miller
bmiller@zdlmail.zdlabs.ziff.com