Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Moments of...?pleasure?

From: a94mikja@ida.his.se (Mikael Jakonen)
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 94 19:39:14 +0100
Subject: Re: Moments of...?pleasure?
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net
content-length: 1177

In article <37021h$ser@rs6a.wln.com>, tshenkel@billings.lib.mt.us (Parmly
Billings Lib) wrote:

> All right, in the last couple of months I've noticed that every other
> Katepost has someone *raving* about the wonder and grandeur that is the
> song "Moments of Pleasure". I am asking in a nice and hopefully
> non-confrontational way (with a few happy smileys thrown in :) :) :) ) why
> everybody adores this song that compells me to get up and push the next
> track button on my CD player? ....

> --Tshen
> Qodaxti Institute, 87th stratum

I seem to be one of very few who agree with you. While MoP is very well
made, I think its too much sentimental crap. Top of the City isn't one
of my favourites either. WSILY on the other hand is good, and so is
Constellation of the heart, and Big Stripey Lie too...

Mikael Jakonen             Music is like vintage wine. It keeps getting better
                           over the years, if those who made it knew how to
a94mikja@ida.his.se        make it right.