Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

re: Moments of...?pleasure?

From: acoffman@brobeck.com
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 94 13:01:07
Subject: re: Moments of...?pleasure?
Encoding: 1018 Text

          This is in response to Tshen's ponderings as to why "every
          other Katepost has someone *raving* about the wonder and
          grandeur that is the song 'Moments of Pleasure'".  MoP
          struck a deep chord in that it made me think about the dear
          friend who first turned me on to Kate about ten years ago.
          My friend died a few years ago, so I have a tendency to
          conjure her up whenever I listen to anything (old or new) by
          Kate (especially the new songs).  Anyway, MoP sounded like
          something that my friend would have *really* indentified
          with as well as really enjoying it.  Not to mention the fact
          that I really enjoy the song for the lyrics, arrangement,
          music, how Kate sings it....I could go on (but I won't!).

          (sorry if this got too sentimental and/or personal--I just
          really felt the need to de-lurk and add my two-cents!)
                                        --Anne