Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate does Gershwin

From: "MKELAN2.BGPUERZE" <BGPUERZE@MKELAN2.REMNET.AB.COM>
Date: 10 Oct 1994 14:20:14 CDT
Subject: Kate does Gershwin
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Comment: MEMO 1994/10/10 14:25

I just found the ÿGlory of Gershwinÿ CD here in Milwaukee this weekend, and
found it to be quite a bit different than expected.  What a treat!  I didnÿt
expect the artists to be so true to the ÿGershwinÿ sound.  And is that
really Elton John and Meatloaf singing?  I never realized they could sound
so 40ÿs.
Of course Kateÿs ÿThe Man I Loveÿ was the high point.  And this is without
too much bias, in fact my wife agrees and sheÿs definitely unbiased.  Itÿs
great to hear Kate in different musical formats.  How about straight blues?
 Iÿm waiting...

My question is, I heard that Kate put out a video of this song, in fact Iÿve
got a few pictures of her from it.  I have a weakness for torch singers, and
Kate has got to be the best!!  I MUST see that video.  Anyone know if itÿs
available?

Thanks in advance,

Bernie