Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re. Worst Video

From: totoro@charm.net (Milky Way)
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 1994 16:49:09 -0500
Subject: Re. Worst Video
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Gord Locke wrote:

>WretchAwry <vickie@pilot.njin.net> wrote:
>
>>Least favorite videos:
>>1) Them Heavy People (hands down *worst* thing ever passed off as an
>>official video ever, by anybody, IMO. .......
>
>        No way!  The worst is definitely the Rubberband Girl video

I agree. When I saw the RBG video on MTV back in December, I didn't want to
tell Lesley about it because it was so bad. Did IED post something listing
this video's good points?  A hack job done on the fly, probably because
they had to postpone the opening of The Movie. However, I also much prefer
the original to the Whole Story version of the Wow video.

Maybe a Kate Sense of Humor is required to fully appreciate the
vaudeville/music-hall phase of Kate's videos. I think she looks like she's
having a lot of campy fun on THP, herself poking fun at a song that
reflects on her creative influences. I believe self-parody to be one of the
higher arts, and I think Kate is fully capable of indulging in it.

In the end, I find myself liking anything that Kate herself seems to be
having a lot of fun doing (except for maybe the song Ken) and my Moments of
Kate Video Pleasures turn out to be stuff like the part in Big Sky where
she's on the roof donning funny outfits, and the part from Rocket Man where
she is conducting the fireworks, even the bit at the end of Love and Anger
where she says "Yeah."    She's just so cute and adorable!!!

Hiro

Hiroshi Amano
NHK Hi-Vision Coordinating & Research Office
16 W. Hill St.    Baltimore, MD 21230
voice 410-752-5748,  fax 410-752-5850