Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Worst video

From: glocke@morgan.ucs.mun.ca (Gord Locke)
Date: 9 Oct 1994 15:57:15 GMT
Subject: Worst video
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

WretchAwry <vickie@pilot.njin.net> wrote:

>Least favorite videos:
>1) Them Heavy People (hands down *worst* thing ever passed off as an
>official video ever, by anybody, IMO. .......

	No way!  The worst is definitely the Rubberband Girl video where
she's strutting around with the sunglasses and mike stand.  The only
halfway-cool part is where she's walking down the stairs with a flashlight
on her head.  The whole thing is just a collage of video-cliches--hard for
me to watch.  Gaffans seemed to think it was a parody of `typical' videos
when it first came out, but that sounds like wishful thinking to me.
	At least the THP clip is good for a laugh.  Whenever that song
comes on, and I'm with some of my Kate-liking friends, we break into that
`dance' they do in the video.  It's a lot of fun, try it! :)
--
  Gord Locke | glocke@morgan.ucs.mun.ca | studying Philosophy and Math (B.A.)