Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

"Dark Orange" about their KaTe cover

From: klaus@inphobos.wupper.de
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 1994 19:10:40 CET-1
Subject: "Dark Orange" about their KaTe cover
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

I'm currently in touch with the German band "Dark Orange" (who
changed their name to "24 Hours" now), maybe known by some from
their cover of Kate's "The Man With The Child In His Eyes".

In my last letter to them I asked about this cover.
Here's a summary of what they replied.

Both Dirk Ritter (the guitarist) and Katrin Wegener (the singer) are
big Kate Bush Fans. "... there's still no female musician who is
even coming close to her compositions, vocal abilities and musical
variety"

The idea for the cover started in spring '92, when "Dark Orange"
were playing a concert with the english band "And Also The Trees" in
Stuttgart (Germany). After the show, members of both bands clustered
around an old piano in the backstage area, and at candlelight played
some songs. At some point Marc Tibenham (keyboarder of AATT, and
co-producer of "24 Hours"' only CD-5 release) played "The Man with
the child in his eyes". Katrin immediatly started singing along. In
memory of this great evening among friends, this song has been
recorded.

  (   "Tell me all the plans you have for the great beyond.   )
   )  Will you be physical again, or be a cosmic vagabond."  (
  /                                --- Happy Rhodes ---       \
/  Klaus "cosmic vagabond" Kluge      klaus@inphobos.wupper.de  \