Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: This Woman's Work-Extended Edition

From: dlangs@sunstroke.sdsu.edu (Derek Langsford)
Date: 20 Sep 1994 22:16:49 GMT
Subject: Re: This Woman's Work-Extended Edition
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

72330.111 (72330.111@CompuServe.COM) wrote:
: >I've just found 2 CDs in the local Alternative Music store called
: 'This
: >Woman's Work -Extended Edition 1 & 2".  They contain B sides and 12
: inch
: >versions of Kate's singles.  They're marked 'For Promo Use Only'.
: >Any ideas of where they may have come from?

: Generally, when an album or CD has 'For Promo Use Only' it was one
: which was given to a radio station as a freebie for use in promoting
: the album

Not necessarily.  "For Promotional Use Only" is appearing on bootleg CDs
now.  I assume it is to throw off an investigator as promos often are
different from albums etc.  Any investigator worth his salt would know
the difference though.

Derek
Derek H. Langsford                                          Dept. of Biology
dlangs@sunstroke.sdsu.edu                         San Diego State University