Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Man I Luhrve

From: rjc@cogsci.edinburgh.ac.uk
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 94 19:05:56 BST
Subject: The Man I Luhrve
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

In article <Pine.3.05.9409191537.A14269-b100000@atlas.cs.upei.ca>, Fiona McQuarrie (fm) writes:

fm> I think Kate does a very good job with the song. The style of the song
fm> is not really "her" style, and she could enunciate the words a little more
fm> clearly in places since the words are a big part of the impact of
fm> this particular song, but I liked hearing her sing it.

When I firsh heard it, I thought she'd gone a bit over the top on the
warm-fuzzy-vibrato. Fortunatly, the other thing I had just bought was
a CD of Edith Piaf, so after listening to that I wen't back to KaTe
and she sounded 150% hard edge:-).

--
rjc@cogsci.ed.ac.uk			_O_