Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Henna and her sisters

From: steve.b@TQS.COM (Steve Berlin)
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 94 12:47:19 PDT
Subject: Henna and her sisters
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

From: "Karen L. Newcombe" <kln@crl.com>
Subject: The Hennaed One

Um, if you want to talk about over-use of henna, check out the back cover
of Lionheart!  Now, if you want to talk about the over-use of hair dye,
Tori wins, hands down!

Mary Helen Sowell <mhs3c@darwin.clas.virginia.edu> sez:

>The cost is $11.00 each, plus $4.00 for postage for 1-2 shirts
>within the United States.  (It will cost less to run them this
>time because there is no charge for creating artwork as it is
>ready to go from the first run.)

All you IGG-bashers out there - I managed to get Mary-Helen's AND IGG's
shirt prices to be bulk-discounted on top of what I did.  Since the two
of them combined made another 12 dozen, that drove the prices down yet
another buck or so (on top of the above-mentioned no charge for art).
Of course, IGG is still charging 12 bucks for now (more later), but I'll
let someone else talk about that.  Anyway, my point is that if IGG didn't
also make shirts, they'd still be $11.50 or $12.00 a pop for M-H.

>Also, please don't send cash, as it has a tendency to not reach
>it's destination. And please send your money in U.S. dollars,
>Steve got burned on a few sudden exchange rate fluctuations.

Just to set the record straight:  surprisingly, everyone who sent cash to me
had it get to me with noproblem (but I still HIGHLY recommend you don't send
cash through the mail!).  Also, I only got burned on a couple of transactions -
and on one of them, the kind person made up the difference, and the other, the
difference was just pennies (but they could add up - I had a LOT of Canadian
orders!)

Talking about the sicko and Sarah M. - geez!  I wonder if he ever heard
"Killing Me Softly with His Song" by Roberta Flack (whatever happened to her,
anyway?)

If he wins (which I doubt, but you never know), think of the implications -
Ronald Reagan can sue Jello Biafra for "inspiring" most of his works!
The Bronte estate could sue Kate!
Microsoft could sue Goethe claiming the character of Faust was based
on Bill Gates!

Keep us posted, Vickie!

- Stev0 (who is suing Hunter S. Thompson for "Fear and Loathing in Las
         Vegas")

"The Devil?!?  The Devil?!?" - Max, "Sam and Max Hit the Road"