Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Possession lyrics

From: WretchAwry <vickie@pilot.njin.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 94 19:52:10 EDT
Subject: Possession lyrics
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Loves: Kate Bush..Happy Rhodes..Jane Siberry..Tori Amos..Peter Gabriel..

For those who aren't familiar with Sarah, or who don't yet have
_Fumbling Towards Ecstacy_, which has the song "Possession" on
it, here are the lyrics.  I got this off the Sarah home page.
(thanks for the address Stuart).

Vickie

Possession

   Listen as the wind blows from across the great divide. Voices trapped
   in yearning memories trapped in time the night is my companion and
   solitude my guide would I spend forever here and not be satisfied. And
   I would be the one to hold you down kiss you so hard I'll take your
   breath away, and after I'd wipe away the tears just close your eyes
   dear. Through this would I've stumbled so many times before betrayed
   trying to find an honest word to find the truth enslaved, oh you speak
   to me in riddles and you speak to me in rhyme my body aches to breathe
   your breath your words keep me alive and I would be the one to hold
   you down kiss you so hard I'll take your breath away and after I'd
   wipe away the tears just close your eyes dear. Into this night I
   wander it's morning that I dread another day of knowing of the path I
   fear to tread on into the sea of waking dreams I follow without pride
   nothing stands between us here and I won't be denied. And I would be
   the one to hold you down kiss you so hard I'll take your breath away
   and after I'd wipe away the tears just close your eyes...

(C) Sarah McLachlan