Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

FAQ: The Innocence Mission

From: sunday@infi.net (Everette Abbott)
Date: 13 Sep 1994 01:39:21 GMT
Subject: FAQ: The Innocence Mission
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

             Frequently Asked Questions For The Innocence Mission
                                V.3 9/12/94
                             By Keith Abbott

Is there a discography?

- Yes, you may obtain one by the ftp site at cs.uwp.edu in the
  Innocence.Mission directory.

How do I join the Emailing list?

- Send email to: majordomo@ns1.rutgers.edu  and in the body of the email
  put "subscribe IM <your email address>. This will add you to the list.

- How do I unsubscribe? do the opposite of above,
  type: "unsubscribe IM <your email address>.

- How do I post to the list? Send email to im@ns1.rutgers.edu. This will
  post directly to the group.

Where do I email the Emailing groups moderator?

- Send email to Keith Abbott at: Sunday@infi.net

How many albums are there?

 - There are currently 2 albums, and one EP. The first release was an EP
   called "Tending The Rose Garden" (1986 LLIST Records). Their debut
   album was self-titled (1989 A&M), and their 2nd album was entitled
   "Umbrella" (1991 A&M).

How can I obtain the EP "Tending The Rose Garden?"

 - You must look LONG and HARD. Only 5,000 copies were printed (so Don
   Peris says). If you actually *DO* find one, let us know. Be prepared
   to pay top dollar.

Are bootlegs obtainable? If so, how?

 - Yes, bootlegs are obtainable. Many of which may be obtained by
   asking the list moderator. Each bootleg takes up a different amount
   of time, so it's best to send your request, plus one or two other
   choices in case there is extra time available. $3 per tape (you must
   specify wether you want 60 or 90 minute tapes). Tapes are recorded on
   high bias unless other arrangements are made. Also send $1.90 shipping.
   Remember, I'm not making profit. I buy the tapes for you, and send them
   to you and put as much on it as I can. That's how it works. Send all
   requests to sunday@infi.net.

Which bootlegs are of the best quality?

 - There are many excellent quality tapes. The WMMR Show in 1988',
   WBER Radio Show, 1992 Tours at 9:30 Club and Chameleon Club, Club
   Lingerie (1991), The Roxy (1990), Saturday Sequence (London) and
   The Coach House (1992).

Is there a fan club?

 - No. Karen (cannot speak for the rest of the band because I don't
   know their feelings on this matter) doesn't particularly like
   the idea. She feels the mailing list that they run suffices in
   what they are trying to accomplish. The address to send your
   letters and requests is:

        The Innocence Mission
        P.O. Box 837
        Lancaster, PA 17603

Where and what is Medjugorje?

 - Medjugorje, Yugoslavia claims to have been the site were the
   ghost of the Virgin Mary has been appearing for the past 13
   years. Karen wrote the song from the perspective of someone
   coming home from there, meshed with the devotions of her
   grandmother. The song was also dedicated to her grandmother,
   who died on the eve of the song's completion.

How many videos are there?

 - 4. "Black Sheep Wall," "I Remember Me," "Wonder of Birds," and
   "And Hiding Away." All but one recieved airplay on MTV and
   VH-1. The exception was "And Hiding Away" which was shot
   using live footage from their studio in Lancaster, PA.

Are there any tour dates scheduled currently?

 - No, not currently, but a new LP is scheduled to be out at the
   end of 1994 or beginning of 1995, and a tour will likely follow.

What is IM's connection with Amy Grant?

 - The song "Shadows" was originally written by Karen Peris and
   recorded by The Innocence Mission (1986 Tending The Rose Garden).
   Amy Grant eventually heard the song, liked it and then wanted
   to record it. Since The Innocence Mission really had no desire
   to play it again, Karen gave it to Amy and allowed her to re-write
   the lyrics to her own satisfaction. The song was re-released on
   Amy Grant's album, "Lead Me On."

Is there a reason "Mercy" has never played live?

 - Nobody knows.

Are there any Newsletters for IM?

- Only the ones that the I have made. Currently, there are 2 newsletters.
  The first of which was a one page B&W. And the 2nd was 2 paged and
  came in both B&W and Color. If you wish to get copies. Send email
  to me. There is a charge however.

-END OF FAQ