Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: W. heights on TOTP

From: gtp10@cus.cam.ac.uk (Dr G.T. Parks)
Date: 8 Sep 1994 10:29:25 GMT
Subject: Re: W. heights on TOTP
To: rec-music-gaffa@britain.eu.net
content-length: 912
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

100276.2176@compuserve.com (Marcel Rijs) writes:

   Question: did anyone follow the TOTP reruns on UK Gold and did they record
   Kate's performances? Can anyone place an ad to find out if anyone off-list
   did this in the UK? Any help will be greatly appreciated in the interest of
   KT-History.

The recording I sent to Chris for the next tape tree project was grabbed
off UK Gold. I did briefly try to work out what algorithm they were using
for the reruns but gave up in frustration (it certainly wasn't chronological).

I can say the following things about the recording Chris now has with
absolute certainty:

1. Kate wasn't at Number 1.

2. Kate wasn't wearing red slacks.

It may well be that Kate only appeared *live* on TotP twice (as stated in
The Garden) despite being at Number 1 for 4 weeks because it was quite common
for them to *rebroadcast* performances from previous shows.

Geoff Parks