Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

W. heights on TOTP

From: Marcel Rijs <100276.2176@compuserve.com>
Date: 06 Sep 94 15:32:04 EDT
Subject: W. heights on TOTP
To: <love-hounds@uunet.uu.net>

Hi,

In the continuing "Wuthering heights" TOTP mystery, I think it is necessary
to say the following to IED and everyone else interested:

I have on my videotape 2 recordings of Kate Bush performing "WH" on TOTP. I
showed these recordings to Uli during the recent ToriFest in Darmstadt (You
should've been there; it was great) and we agreed on this.

Both recordings are from a week when she was on no. 1 with the song. Both
were recently (at the beginning of this year) re-shown on "UK Gold" and
presenters say "No. 1" and "The nation's no. 1" respectively. The red slacks
performance PDFM is continually claiming to exist can actually exist when
she performed WH _before_ she came to no. 1 on TOTP (Which, as stated in KB
Complete, should be true).
In the Garden it's stated she only performed WH twice on TOTP though - so
that would be a mistake. It should be at least 3 times if what PDFM claims
is true.

Question: did anyone follow the TOTP reruns on UK Gold and did they record
Kate's performances? Can anyone place an ad to find out if anyone off-list
did this in the UK? Any help will be greatly appreciated in the interest of
KT-History.

So far, I haven't had any news from the AVRO concerning the "Voor de vuist
weg" performance. Keep hoping they'll find it in their hearts and brains to
write me a letter soon... :-]

Marcel F G Rijs  /~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\  "Conan the librarian"
                 | mfgr@sara.nl |
    Den Haag     \______________/       Netherlands