Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: W. heights on TOTP

From: s0pdfm@assam.exnet.com (P D Fitzgerald-Morris)
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 1994 21:32:25 GMT
Subject: Re: W. heights on TOTP
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <940906193204_100276.2176_BHB100-14@CompuServe.COM> 100276.2176@compuserve.com (Marcel Rijs) writes:
>Hi,
>
>In the continuing "Wuthering heights" TOTP mystery, I think it is necessary
>to say the following to IED and everyone else interested:
>
>I have on my videotape 2 recordings of Kate Bush performing "WH" on TOTP. I
>showed these recordings to Uli during the recent ToriFest in Darmstadt (You
>should've been there; it was great) and we agreed on this.
>
>Both recordings are from a week when she was on no. 1 with the song. Both
>were recently (at the beginning of this year) re-shown on "UK Gold" and
>presenters say "No. 1" and "The nation's no. 1" respectively. The red slacks
>performance PDFM is continually claiming to exist can actually exist when
>she performed WH _before_ she came to no. 1 on TOTP (Which, as stated in KB
>Complete, should be true).
>In the Garden it's stated she only performed WH twice on TOTP though - so
>that would be a mistake. It should be at least 3 times if what PDFM claims
>is true.

My friend, I don't "claim" anything. Kate appeared four times on TOTP
when "Wuthering Heights" was at no.1. She appeared at leastonce  before.
The "red slacks" performance was her first ever appearance BEFORE the single
was no.1. I saw it!

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
H  Peter FitzGerald-Morris       H     H   GGGGGGG     "Have       H
H  direct from                   H     H   G            the walls  H
H  HOMEGROUND TOWERS             HHHHHHH   G    GG      got        H
H  now via                       H     H   G     G      ears       H
H  s0pdfm@exnet.co.uk            H     H   GGGGGGG      here...?"  H
H                                                                  H
H         HOMEGROUND - THE INTERNATIONAL KATE BUSH FANZINE         H
H            PO Box 176 Orpington BR5 3NA Kent England             H
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH