Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

ETM (extended) / Hammersmith CD / TWS '94

From: "Martijn Scheeren" <M.Scheeren@stud.let.ruu.nl>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 94 16:25:47 CST
Subject: ETM (extended) / Hammersmith CD / TWS '94
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Sender: lets4753@stud.let.ruu.nl

Hi everybody,

This is the first time I send something to this list, so I hope it will go
okay. I have had a subscription for two months now and I must say I have
found it a very interesting read.

A couple of days ago someone asked whether there was a copy of Eat the Music
with a full extended mix, not the 11 seconds shorter version. I actually
doubt there is.
  I bought the Dutch version of the ETM cd-single and found to my
disgust that it did not include an extended version but a shorter version,
that was in no way different to the album version except for the omission of
the nature sounds at the beginning. Because I already had all the other
tracks on the TRS double-single, I returned it to the shop and swapped it for
the US cd-single. This did include a 12" version of the song.
  I actually believe this is the same version as the extended version should
have been. Probably somewhere along the line someone messed things up. I
experienced this before with CD-singles made by EMI Holland. I even wrote to
them about it, but never got an answer.

BTW, has anyone noticed that the CD soundtrack of the Hammersmith Odeon
concert is actually slightly different to that on the video. They have
brushed it up a little: there no longer is any "loose plug" noises
throughout Moving. (It is especially noticeable in the first line Kate
sings.) And it is not something that's wrong with the tape, because my other
copy of the video has the same "problem". If find that the CD sounds a bit
better altogether, actually.

I hope I haven't wasted your time for too long. Goodbye!!!

Martijn
M.Scheeren@stud.let.ruu.nl

P.S.
I saw a copy of TWS '94 today for not such a very unreasonable price. It
made me almost buy a CDi-player. Anyone got any views or opinions on the
future of this medium? Anyone experienced strange phenomena whilst watching
fast-moving sequences? (It is rumoured to have problems with this.) Any
comments to me directly (address above) would be much appreciated. Sorry to
have used this list in this way; may it never happen again!