Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Frutopia Conspiracy ;was (Big screen, little screen)

From: willslvr@xnet.com (Will E. Silver)
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 1994 07:59:16 GMT
Subject: Frutopia Conspiracy ;was (Big screen, little screen)
To: uunet!rec-music-gaffa
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@quake.xnet.com
Sender: news@amiserv.chi.il.us

In article <9408192321.AA27019@bugs.TQS.COM> steve.b@TQS.COM (Steve Berlin) writes:
>Date: Fri, 19 Aug 1994 19:36:44 -0400
>From: steve.b@TQS.COM (Steve Berlin)
>Subject: Big screen, little screen

>Hey, they were my some of my favorite current ads on teevee even before I
>found out Kate's involvement.  Of course, this comes with a MAJOR qualifier
>"My favorite teevee ad" holds as much strength (or lack thereof) as "My
>favorite Michael Bolton song" or "The Republican I respect the most".  In
>other words, they ARE pretentious, unclued, obnoxious crap, but LESS APPALLING
>than 99% of the unclued, obnoxious crap out there.  If they got rid of the
>faux-new-age-meets-gen-x captions (aimed at folks like me who hit mute when
>any advertisement comes on), it would be more bearable.  I kinda *LIKE* the
>kalaidascope fruit stuff.

>- Stev0 the radio star

I have to say that, despite having music by Kate, I do not like the Frutopia
ad campaign.

I mean, here they are litterally spending millions of dollars to
get us to drink (basically) fructose with coolaide in it. Millions of dollars
on what... it isn't perticularly good for you, it does nothing for the <mind>
planet, I am ofended. REALLY offended. This is, after all Minute Maid, which
is part of the Coca-Cola company. For all the pro-planet rhetoric it is just
colored water and apple juice (I think that it does have other flavors in it).

So, I'll listen to the music, but I really REALLY hate the ads.

Will