Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: anAmosity

From: hart@corona.math.vt.edu (Heath David)
Date: 24 Aug 1994 22:26:02 GMT
Subject: Re: anAmosity
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

And then he writes:

>IED takes no position on whether either Palmano or
>Amos is completely conscious of that influence, but he believes that they
>ought to be, because, whether conscious or not, the influence is very real.

I don't see how you can accuse someone of dishonesty, and then in the following
sentence allow the possibility that they may not be aware of the influence.
If they're unaware that the influence exists, they're not being *dishonest*,
only mistaken, when they say that it doesn't.  The accusation of dishonesty is
a far more damaging one than an accusation of mistakenness, and one that I
think is unjustified by your argument.

Heath