Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Pooka?

From: Gary Moore <gmoore@u.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 1994 13:42:46 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Pooka?
To: LoveHounds <love-hounds@uunet.uu.net>

Did someone mention Pooka a while back?  I was just doing a body text
search on the London Times articles in the americast.ltimes.feature
newsgroup for "Kate Bush" and found an article from the 2 Aug 1994
edition by Louise Grey, entitled, "Of Penny Whistles and Wonderment".
The article is about the 30th Cambridge Folk Festival.

Anyway, the fourth paragraph says: "Ralph McTell played two sets, as did
Pooka, a talented two-girl band whose feverish songs are touched with a
Kate Bush-like presence. Imbued with the spirit of their age, Pooka sang
about safe sex, whooped a lot and insisted that they came from Mars."

Is Pooka any good?  The last sentence makes me apprehensive.

 gmoore@u.washington.edu      READ THE LINUX JOURNAL      gary@ssc.com
  Former Vice-President and current U.S. Ambassador to Japan Walter
  Mondale says that gun bans attract criminals.  He confirmed that
  a 20-member Japanese gang had fled America where it is "too
  dangerous because of the prevalence of guns in the homes" for the
  the "easy pickings" in gun-free Japan.