Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

When the shirt hits the fan

From: steve.b@TQS.COM (Steve Berlin)
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 94 12:58:05 PDT
Subject: When the shirt hits the fan
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Hi-

As you all know, I'm all out of the shirts Peter Manchester just raved about.
They've been getting great reviews (gush, gush); even someone at a Milla
concert liked it (the only reason I point this out is that someone was
Milla herself!)  The only criticisms I've gotten:

o  The material (but that one I did on purpose - even so-called "non-shrink
   cotton shrinks dreadfully after a couple dozen washes).  And 50/50 blend
   feels just as comfortable (imnsho)

o  The color (A couple of folks said it was too dark, a couple said it was
   too light.  Go figure)

o  The e-mail address.  Our pseudo-humble pseudo-moderator said it should
   be "Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net" (instead of all lower case).  Maybe I should
   have just put "Love-Hounds@eddie.mit.edu" like it says in all those "How
   to use the Internet" books :-)

The reason I bring this up:  *I* will not do a second printing.  I asked
recently if anyone else wants to, but only got one reply (who had to back
out).

However, about a dozen folks asked about shirts AFTER I said I was sold
out, AND I assume that there will be even MORE of a demand in the fall
when the students come back.

So, here's what I propose - let's hear YOUR feedback:

How about if Intergalactic Garage & C-side handle them (assuming either
one wants to).  I already know the biggest argument against this - while
I did not do this for profit, they would, thus, more expensive shirts.
The big argument FOR this, though, is that most of us aren't equipped to
handle large mailings easily, while they are.  I have no moral objections
to either, but have heard valid complaints against both firms.  I never
dealt with IG directly, but have bought stuff from C-side and have been
happy with their service.  The reason I propose BOTH firms is to keep
prices as low as possible.

If anyone has any objections to either or both firms taking over the
Lovehounds T-shirts, let's hear them.  Or, even better, my request still
stands for one of you taking it over, thus keeping it in the hands of
TruFans.

- Stev0 the shirthead

"Made from the best high-fructose corn syrup on Earth"
   - rejected Fruitpia slogan