Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Female Fans

From: nessus@mit.edu (Douglas Alan)
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 1994 21:11:19 GMT
Subject: Re: Female Fans
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@media.mit.edu (USENET News System)

In article <32euf9$lis@nermal.cs.uoguelph.ca> sbailey@uoguelph.ca
(Sharon M Bailey) writes:

>   I do have to say that the song is more specifically talking about women's
>   ESP, and I still maintain that the lunar element lends itself well to the
>   subject of "punctual blues". I don't believe that it is strictly a song
>   about menstruation, yes, but I also don't believe that it is strictly
>   not. In either case, I'm afraid I must disagree with your clear-cut
>   notion, or at least with the notion that it is clear-cut.

If you mean to say that Kate may be alluding to cycles of which we
are only subconsiously aware, then I whole-heartedly agree.  If you
mean to say that "G" means a menstrual period, then I couldn't
disagree more.  Why would she use such an oblique reference after
already using the more obvious "punctual blues"?  She wouldn't.