Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Female Fans

From: sbailey@uoguelph.ca (Sharon M Bailey)
Date: 12 Aug 1994 04:40:09 GMT
Subject: Re: Female Fans
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

|>oug says:

: This is a lame interpretation.  The song is about having premonitions
: come true.  A woman doesn't need a premonition to know when period is
: coming.  For one thing, her body will tell her when it is coming up
: (aka "punctual blues").  Also since it occurs more or less in a
: certain number of days after the previous one, a woman can just look
: it up on her calendar to figure out when it's going to happen, give or
: take a few days.  It should be clear that this song is about ESP, not
: PMS.

I do have to say that the song is more specifically talking about women's
ESP, and I still maintain that the lunar element lends itself well to the
subject of "punctual blues". I don't believe that it is strictly a song
about menstruation, yes, but I also don't believe that it is strictly
not. In either case, I'm afraid I must disagree with your clear-cut
notion, or at least with the notion that it is clear-cut.

Sharon