Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Female Fans

From: glocke@morgan.ucs.mun.ca (Gord Locke)
Date: 11 Aug 1994 02:44:08 GMT
Subject: Re: Female Fans
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Tree of Schnopia <as010b@uhura.cc.rochester.edu> wrote:

>tshenkel@billings.lib.mt.us (Parmly Billings Lib) writes:
>
>>Excuse me? Maybe I'm just slow on the uptake, or maybe the song's on
>>_Lionheart_ (sorry, I not that fond of the album, so I play it vvery
>>rarely), but *which* song is about menstruation?
>
>Hmmm...I don't know of a song *about* menstruation per se, but "Strange
>Phenomena" does make reference to it: "Every girl knows about the punctual
>blues".

	Also the line, "G arrives / Funny, had a feeling he was on his
way."  I used to assume that it referred to Dave Gilmour (credited as Dave
G. on the liner notes), but `G' is apparently a nickname for menstruation.
Also: George.  But maybe you know that already.
	- Gord "I'm a man who's comfortable with menstruation" Locke
--
  Gord Locke | glocke@morgan.ucs.mun.ca | studying Philosophy and Math (B.A.)